Welcome

We have the web's #1 collection of Funny Videos, Flash Movies, Fun Games and Funny Pictures! New Funny Videos are added to this blog- so visit ...

PERU

MIX07 Session Videos

Skateboarder Magazine - Videos

Monday, June 4, 2007

Game Videos With Fraps

Hello Everyone!

I've been trying to Encode / Compress some game videos I've made with Fraps
and I'm pretty sure that I'm not doing it right, because the image quality takes
some serious damage and does not look good at all.

I've also been searching around on this Forum as well as some others for some
information and guidence in order to pull of a nice Encoding of this file and one
thing that many seem to agree on is that XviD is the better choice.
So I tried digging deeper into that and see if I could find some information how
to make good XviD Encodes and I found some information about "Presets" and
"Scripts" which kinda made this all feel even more complicated since I have no
idea how to program or script things.

I also found some information about a program called "Enc" which apparently
is supposed to help you find a good "Preset" for you just by running some test
as I understood it.
Now I seemed to be on the right track and figured I'd go ahead and try it out
and see if I could learn a thing or two hehe

Sadly as soon as I started the program and was about to follow this little guide
on the site, it turned out I needed some kind of .avs which I'm guessing is some
kind of video file and the video I have is .avi so the journey ended before it even
began

Now that was a lot of chit-chat, sorry about that but I'm really on the edge of
being completely frustrated about not getting anywhere with this and I'm hoping
that maybe some of you guys here who are experienced with this might be able
to lend me a hand to better understand the process with encodings.

So right now I have this video I made with Fraps, it's 577mb in size and has the
resolution 400x300 with 60 FPS and image quality is superb right now and it has
a really nice flow and I couldn't be happier with the way it looks right now and
all I want to do is to preserve this quality the best I can and shrink the size of
the file by A LOT.

Ah yeah, I also found some information about this thing called "2-passes" which
seemed to perserve quality better then 1-pass, sadly I don't know how 2-pass
works exactly, when I tried using it I got a black screen and audio. The only good
thing there was that the filesize became very small, 185kb to be precisely

Anyway, I would be truly grateful if someone could help me out with this.

Many thanks in advance!

No comments: